So, I started a new website for a client this week. It was challenging. They had been using an e-commerce package to manage sales for their events and it just wasn't jiving.Events require a different kind of application. There is more to organizing an event that just selling places. It requires some very specific requirements:
- managing numbers
- sending reminders
- moving people from one event to another
- managing a waiting list
- adding attendees
- manually sending
- follow up emails after the event
- an event calendar
- lists of event categories
- recommendations for similar events
- integration with third party apps (paypal, mailchimp and others)
I've bitten the bullet. Signed up to be an affiliate and have purchased the advanced version for my client's site. Installation starts today.
Is it going to be everything it promises to be? Plugins rarely are, but I'll keep you posted as to how close it gets.
Click here to visit Event Espresso.
No comments:
Post a Comment